Really Big Question
Like question of a life time big…
Should I continue to learn and memorize classes and functionality native to Adobe FLASH / Flex or drop it all and just pick up JAVA and HTML5?
This is a hard question since we all know, best of all…
- Flash/Flex can build for all the major platforms
- Flash/Flex utilize a C-like language ActionScript
- The developer can easily translate to Objective-C or JAVA or C++
- Flash/Flex/AIR are closed programs protecting the code and proprietary rights of the developer
- Flash/Flex/AIR are secured programs with strict sandbox regulations
- Short of having to install the Flash Player with one click to download and one click to accept the changes, Flash/Flex/AIR programs can run anywhere.
If Flash/Flex/AIR can build for the almighty iPhone along with Blackberry playbook and Android, should I continue to learn and memorize classes and functionality native to Adobe FLASH/Flex/AIR or drop it all and just pick up JAVA and HTML5?